Blake Digital is a busy creative agency based in offices in Belmont, WA. We're big on teamwork but also having fun and loving our work. We love our clients and work hard to give them the best, which is a reward in itself for us.
Front-End Web Developer
Blake Media Group is seeking a passionate and talented Web/Front-end Developer for an initial part-time position starting in April 2020. This position is a real career opportunity and has great potential for growth for the right person.
A little about us
We are a small creative agency in a fast-paced and interesting industry. We have clients around Australia and the world, each one is special to us. We value relationships and work hard for our clients. You will be part of a team where your thoughts and involvement will be valued and a critical part of our process. We like to have fun and push the limits with creativity. As a member of Team Blake, you will be able to take part in all sorts of projects and grow both professionally and personally.
A little about you
In this role you will:
- Design and work on our internal and client-facing web interfaces,
- Work with our graphic designers to implement website projects,
- Liaise with and assist clients with modifications to their existing websites via our CMS,
- Design website concepts for new client projects and campaigns,
- Implement new features into the Blake Media proprietary Content Management System.
You must have:
- A thorough understanding of HTML, XHTML and CSS and derivatives (SASS),
- A thorough understanding of responsive design principals and practice (mobile first approach),
- Knowledge and experience with the CSS preprocessors SASS,
- Excellent design skills with a flair for front-end UI design,
- Experience with off-the-shelf Content Management Systems (WordPress),
- Experience in creating custom WordPress themes with custom post types and ACF (Advanced Custom Fields),
- Experience with proprietary Content Management Systems,
- In-depth understanding of web standards and UX/UI accessibility,
- Experience / knowledge in creating SEO friendly websites,
- Experience in setting up social media channels and maintaining them,
- Excellent working skills in Adobe CC applications; Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign,
- Minimum of two years industry experience.
Not essential, but highly valued:
- Experience with using and maintaining GIT repositories,
- SQL and database design and optimisation experience,
- Experience with creating custom, responsive, newsletter designs for MailChimp, using the MailChimp template language,
- Experience in analysing data from Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools,
- Experience in creating, monitoring and optimising marketing campaigns with Google Ads,
- Google API integration experience,
- Experience with creating email signatures for various email platforms.
Don't worry too much if you feel you are inexperienced in one area. What's most important to us is that you are keen to learn and we'll help you along the way.
How to apply
If you're interested and enthusiastic, send us a short email to email@example.com with:
- a bit about yourself, your hobbies and objectives,
- an attached CV/resume detailing your relevant experience,
- any references you have,
- links to you website, GIT profile or whatever else.
Note: Applications from recruiters and outsourcers will be ignored.